JOB VACANCY – A storekeeper is urgently needed at the Calabar branch of White Soul Motors Limited, one of Nigeria’s leading importer, marketer and distributor of vehicles.
INSIGHT ON THE ORGANIZATION
White Soul Motors Limited, incorporated in 1996 is a leading importer, distributor and marketer of various brands of brand new and very clean foreign used vehicles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: 👇
Job Title: Store Keeper
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking to engage the services of a Store Keeper who is organized and detail-oriented, to manage all of the operations in our storeroom.
In this position, you’ll play a key role in the proper care and maintenance of our stock, including ordering, receiving, and managing inventory.
Key Functions of the Role
- Oversees and administers the operations of the store. Receives identifies and verifies merchandise. Provides information to and assists other employees.
- Maintains inventory. Uses inventory management software. Prepares purchase requisitions for the replacement of stock.
- Maintains files appropriate to the activities of the unit, such as invoices, order number, receiving date, shipping date, etc.
- Prepares inventory reports.
- Verifies ledgers, statements and supporting documents.
- Handles and stores merchandise or special products that require some knowledge of spontaneous combustion, toxicity, fragility, rapid deterioration, contamination, etc.
- According to requirements and established procedures, arranges stock. In case of emergency or in order to replace outdated products, suggests substitutes available in the store.
- Oversees the delivery of merchandise following an established schedule and coordinates special deliveries by transmitting the necessary details to the persons concerned.
- Keep records of items shipped, received, or transferred to another location
- Update procurement team on status of stock to avoid stock-out
- Maintains equipment and instruments.
- Monitors diesel supply to trucks and prepares weekly diesel supply report
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies
- Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labeling supplies
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies and report to accounts for reimbursements and record-keeping
- Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
- Min of HND /B.Sc in relevant field
- Min of 2 years of experience working as a Store Keeper or similar role
- Experience in the transport/logistics industry is an added advantage
- Must be located in Calabar
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Analytical mind with the ability to make accurate mathematical computations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
- Keen attention to detail and ability to effectively manage time
- Skills to operate common office equipment
- 2+ years of experience in storekeeping, inventory control, or recordkeeping
- Valid driver’s license
- Physical ability to frequently heavy materials
Application Closing Date: 1st July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.