JOB VACANCY – Frefa Investment Company Limited in Bayelsa state is currently recruiting for the position of Full time Poultry Farm Manager.
INSIGHT ON THE ORGANIZATION
Frefa Investment Company Limited is an indigenous company located in the South-South geo-political zone of Nigeria, between Rivers and Bayelsa States. Our company is in the process of rolling out its water and concrete block factories for the production of bottled, and sachet water as well as blocks and interlocks, at industrial scale….
- Providing leadership to all employees within the Poultry Department by establishing and communicating expectations, providing clear instructions and coordinating all activities and schedules.
- Monitoring animal health and welfare, including ventilation, feed management and liaison with Vets for vaccinations and other interventions.
- Maintaining a sound knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them.
- Maintaining and monitoring the quality of chicks, eggs and feeds. Ensure excellent production performance.
- Collaborate with relevant work groups in planning and developing strategies for marketing and selling the farm’s products.
- Ensure accurate and adequate record keeping in line with global best practice.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment across the farm in line with the policies and of the Company. Ensure bio-diversity is rigorously maintained.
- Ensuring current government regulations concerning farm activities are complied with.
- Planning activities for trainee staff, mentoring and monitoring them.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree/HND in Animal Production and Health, Agriculture, etc. from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of 10 years Poultry Management experience, at least 7 years of which must be at supervisory level in a reputable poultry farm
- Possession of relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the mail not later than Monday, August 24, 2020.
Minimum years of experience
ND /B.Sc /B.Ed
Agricultural Education /Animal Production /Animal Science
time management /leadership and motivation /self motivated /farm management /agricultural management /mechanical skills /excellent computer skills /organisational and planning skills /excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate good planning skills, including prioritizing and time management.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Must be mechanically inclined with strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Must be self-motivated, reliable and able to work well in a diverse team environment.
- Must be computer literate.